Thursday, April 28, 2011

Heath Baker, the Candle Stick Maker

Brandon "Heath" "Cupcake" Baker


Cupcake spraying the field next to the airport


Align CenterThis is our buddy, Brandon Heath Cupcake Baker... You see Matthew and most people around the airport call him "Cupcake" (Matthew also calls him Heath Baker the candle stick maker, hence the title), although he doesn't like being called Cupcake. His momma and most everyone else call him by his middle name, Heath. But yet, his real name is Brandon... Confused yet? I kinda feel like I'm writing about "Who's on First"!


Heath is a pilot for the neighboring Bullock Flying Service, so he's pretty much a daily presence at the airport. He's a great pilot and has helped us many times when we were in a pinch. He's from Humphrey originally but during the busy season he lives in a camper right by the hangar. It's really a pretty sweet set up! He has a 16 year old Husky named "Canine" (yes, very creative name) that still gets around pretty good and loves to play with all the other airport pups. Heath's grandpa, dad, and I believe his uncle were all crop dusters at one time or another so he has lots of great old airport stories that I'm sure I'll share in the future.


Matthew's trying to kick me off the computer so he can search for boats on craigslist so I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes from Cupcake: This discussion involved a recent conversation that he had with his lady friend: "'I done told her "Naw" once and Naw means No, Hell No! hahahahaha! ...That Brandon Heath Cupcake Baker sure is character....

No comments:

Post a Comment