Saturday, April 23, 2011

That'll Put Hair on Your Chest!




The coffee at AufderHeide Flying Service is somewhat of an anomaly... I guess to best describe it, I would first have to start by telling you about the water here.



Our water is supplied by an old (like, really old) well out behind the hangar. The water comes out of the tap or water fountain a little dingy and sort of taste like an old penny. Now the only human that I have known to consume this water and actually enjoy it is my papa. He says it's chock full of iron and all sorts of minerals that are good for ya! Ha. I guess he is used to it after all these years, but to everyone else the water is plain terrible!



We didn't use to drink coffee back when I worked here in high school and college. It was either stop at the gas station and get your own or find your own inner burst of energy on sunshine and jet fumes at 5am. Man, I sure am glad my brother got a coffee pot.



They started out by using filtered water in gallon jugs, but that turned out to be a pain in the rear to keep up with so they finally just started using the tap water... I'll admit I was VERY skeptical about the well water coffee at first but ya know what, it turned out to be not that bad. Heck, it's actually pretty darn good!



Now one more thing about the coffee you should probably know before you come sit and have a cup... It. Is. Strong! My daddy loved a good strong cup of coffee and we do too. I swear Matthew doubles the amount of Folgers. The end result is a strong, bold, cup coffee, that like my momma says, "you could throw a nail in it and it would stick straight up". (You probably actually could throw a nail in it and you wouldn't even notice, it's chocked full of "minerals" remember.) But it sure does the trick at 5am!



The best example to prove our coffee's strength happened yesterday afternoon. We were all sitting around the office, watching the wind blow, shooting the bull, and Matthew said he wasn't feeling too hot. He said he got sick at lunch and just didn't know what was wrong with him... The convo then switched to the second pot of coffee that I made that morning and Matthew's face and all of a sudden lights up. "That's what's wrong with me... I had 4 and a half cups of coffee this morning!" hahahaha Pace yourself there brother bear and now that you know your limits, let's not do that again no matter how good the coffee is!



So, apparently the best part of waking up isn't the just Folgers in your cup. Around here we also like to think it's the "minerals' in your cup! ...And if you need a lil pep in your step, stop by and have a cup of well water coffee... It'll put some hair on your chest!

No comments:

Post a Comment