Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rather be Fishin'

This picture is really just a shameless plug to brag on myself and how I caught a bigger fish than Matthew! Look at that Whopper!

Gorgeous Arkansas County skyline


So I let the boys off (for now) while I sit in the office on this beautiful, blustery day! Matthew went home to take a little nap and Shawn started talking about plans to go fishing! Man, how awesome does that sound on a sunny Saturday afternoon? (Well, minus the 25 mph winds)

Although I don't think I'll make it to any muddy waters today, I thought I would brag about myself for just a second and explain my profile picture. (Matthew will roll his eyes as soon as he reads this) See that monstrous catfish up there?... Yeah, I caught that... all by myself! Last fall Matthew, Brent (Matthew's pal), and I went down to the White River (right where it meets the Mississippi) to go Catfishing. Or catfish fishing, since we aren't exactly fishing for cats.... I think Matthew caught 1, Brent caught 2, and I caught 3, including this big ol' beauty!!! It took my entire body strength and maybe a little help from the boys but we got her in the boat and I was grinning ear to ear!



Since this momentous occasion occurred, I've got my sister and every male member in my family a coffee mug with that picture and the phrase "Get 'er Done" on it. :) Matthew told me yesterday he couldn't find his... Maybe I should go ahead and order him three more so he won't have trouble finding them ever again! Muahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment