Thursday, April 28, 2011

How High's the Water Mama?


How High's the Water Mama? (5ft high and risin')... Ok, so most people know I'm a sucker for Johnny Cash (and Willie Nelson) , so I thought this was an appropriate title after all the ridiculous rain we received this week. My heart goes out to all those who were affected by the storms. So many people lost their lives, homes, and closer to our home... their crops. Matthew & Cupcake went flying yesterday to survey all the damage. (Can't do much crop dusting with all this water) I was supposed to go but the wind picked up to about 30mph and flying in that isn't much fun. Today proved to be much better weather... Low winds and clear, sunny skies! Below are a few pictures from our little adventure!


What a beautiful day for flying! Here we are as we begin our departure down the runway.


This shot was taken right out west of DeWitt. There is still quite a bit of water standing two days after the rains.


This picture was taken right past Gillett near the Arkansas River. Some fields were completely under inches of water.


Very full Arkansas River, spilling over the banks...


All pictures brought to you by your Co-Pilot! Yes, Heath, (a licensed instructor) let go and let me take over the stick for awhile. We had a really good flying lesson! I learned alot about rudders and their involvement in the airplane turning process. (makes it go much smoother) He told me I never scared him, which I'm not exactly sure is the truth, but hey, we made it back to the ground safe and sound. He's even willing to take me again!







1 comment: