Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Actions Speak Louder Than Facial Hair

Sometimes I feel my role here at the flying service isn't just that of Office Manager, Secretary, Scheduler, & Substitute Loader Truck Driver; but also a mentor, listener ,and good advice giver...

I noticed something different about Junior (Alex) Monday morning but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until he came in my office and asked what I thought about his smooth, shaved face!  "That's it!  I knew there was something different", I thought to myself but then I casually commented, "Why, yes, I did notice that.  You look very nice."  (I think little white lies like that are ok, if they are meant to keep an employee happy.)

Alex and I have had several discussions regarding facial over the past few weeks...  Honestly, I'm not really a fan of facial hair myself.  I like a good manly winter beard but other than that I usually just find that it's somewhat off-putting.  Mustaches kinda give me the creeps.  (I think that Burt Reynolds is probably the only guy that can really put off a mustache)  Goatee's look awkward on most men and I think fu manchu's are just plain silly looking.  Of course these are just my opinions and some chicks really dig it.  And some guys (Garth Brooks) can really rock it.

However, I think dudes really take pride in their facial hair.  They grow it, groom it, and gallantly show it off every day.  Perhaps it's a right of passage into manhood.  For Junior, he likes to think that it makes him look older and more mature.  My response to that...  "Actions Speak Louder Than Facial Hair, Junior."  Just because it may make you look older doesn't mean that you are actually acting older.

All the boys got a real kick out of that.  It quickly became our quote du'jour and it is now written on a sticky note on the fridge.  Hope you will enjoy it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment