Thursday, June 23, 2011

As The Prop Turns (Part 5)

Cupcake's "Guardian Angel" picture he took early this morning.  Notice the little halo around his shadow!  Super cool!

*Funky Ol' Fungicide* Fungicide season has begun ladies and gentleman!  And while that may not have an affect on your day, it certainly does on the gang around the airport.  We are mainly flying it on corn right now but just booked our first rice job for next Monday.  This turn of events has tickled Matthew pink!  Every time I tell him that a new fungicide job has come in he makes this high-pitched "WoooHooo!" sound and says, "Heck yeah, boi, ain't that just beautiful".  It's quite hilarious to witness but it really puts him in a wonderful mood.  I even find myself getting a little giddy when the words "Quilt" or "Headline" (fungicide chemicals) are spoken over the phone.  Hey, whatever makes my pilot happy makes me happy.  We really put the "FUN" in FUNgicide! 

*AufderHeide Apparel* Wooty Woot Woot!  AufderHeide Flying Service T-shirts and hats will be here next week!  I know, I began working on this project like two months ago but then I kinda procrastinated and maybe even forgot about it a little too...  But when we were going 100mph daylight until dark I sometimes forgot to wear my own shirt right-side-out much less actually take the time to design, order, & purchase 40 new ones!  Any who, we are getting navy blue pocket tees and both fitted caps & mesh farmer hats; all with the new dazzling logo!  (Ok, so, maybe I shouldn't describe anything a farmer wears as "dazzling" but more along the lines of "handsome" & "manly". Ha!)  They should be here around Wednesday and I'm very excited about passing them out!


*Clean Shirt Club*  Lonnie has really stepped up his game and exceeded expectations with his clean, hole-less shirt effort.  Above you can see the brilliantly white Danica Patrick shirt he sported on Tuesday; not even a single hole nor the slightest hint of a wrinkle.  He's supporting airport fashion, good hygiene, and women's empowerment...  All trains that I can jump on! ... And for that, I shall crown Lonnie, DeWitt Municipal Airport - Employee of the week!  Thanks Lonnie!

*G.W.'s Excellent Adventure* While I was on my girls getaway, G.W. was having his own little adventure.  He flew out of DeWitt Municipal Aeropuerto last Wednesday and landed in Dallas to see his sister.  From there they both drove up to Kansas to see their oldest sister and enjoyed a nice little family reunion.  After a few days and a few hundred miles under his belt, G.W. has finally returned to the homestead.  I'm pretty sure he's happy to be home and was even in an extra good mood this morning.  Instead of humming his usual ditty or singing some old tune underneath his breath, he began belting out Merle Haggard's "Mama Tried".  Since I'm a huge fan of all things "Old School Country", I thoroughly enjoyed this and even began to sing along a little...  Bet ya didn't know we had such musical talents at the airport, now did ya!

*Berrylicious*  I'm not really sure what happened but I just got sweet talked into buying an entire GALLON of blackberries over the phone by some older gentleman that referred to himself as "The Berry Man".  Maybe I'm a sucker for smooth-talking granpa's or perhaps Matthew's jolliness has truly rubbed off on me and I'm wanting to give back to others...  Either way, I am about to have a GALLON of blackberries so I better get to googling "blackberry recipes"!...  Oh, and speaking of fresh, locally grown produce.  If you are looking to give away any sweet corn sometime in the coming weeks, I would be happy to take a few sacks off your hands!  I could probably eat on that sweet, buttery, & delicious vegetable for a year and be completely content!  All donations appreciate!  :)

Have a fabulous weekend everybody and thanks for reading our friendly flying blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment