Thursday, June 2, 2011

Meet my Lawyer

It is my pleasure to introduce to you my new lawyer, Esquire Lana Florence Flowers, JD. (I'm not sure that is exactly her specific title but it sounds official and I like it, so I'm going with it)

Lana grew up in the big city of Augusta, Arkansas (not Georgia) and went to school in the bubble that is Harding Academy. We met in college when she was a freshman and I was a sophomore. We were neighbors in the dorm and since mine and my roommate Whitney's room had the only bathtub on the 4th floor (we were high class) she instantly wanted to become my friend so she could take bubble baths and shave her legs. She was pretty cool and had a lot to learn about college life so I took her under my wing and showed her the ropes. (I also let her shave her legs in my tub)

We discovered we had a lot of things in common such as: Our love for trailer parks, naps, backroading, wife beaters, being the boss, road trips, theme parties on random nights of the week, card games, being lazy by a large body of water, Golden Girls, pizza rolls, and all things George Strait & Garth Brooks related. Our friendship blossomed and most of my favorite college memories include her! Only she could make me learn to walk on stilts & dress up as a clown in front of the entire campus! (I hate clowns. They terrify me. See, I told you she was bossy)

While we are alot alike there are a few areas in which we differ 1) Lana has no clue about politics, and she took a quiz online that said she may be a Republican 2) Lana is extremely paranoid about any and all things. She can take any situation and turn it in to your worse nightmare. Say we are planning a girls weekend to the lake. Well in her mind she is thinking, "what if Kat drives too fast, what if we have a wreck going around the curve, what if the boat has a hole in it and it sinks, and what if the people that come save us are Mexican drug lords". And no, I'm not exaggerating. But, I guess it's a good thing. I am the complete opposite and still have to be reminded to do things like lock my doors and don't walk the dogs at night by myself. In a way maybe she is like me, thinking one step ahead. Or like a carpenter building stairs... :) 3) Lastly, Lana is a genius. She was valedictorian at Harding Academy, had a full ride to ASU, pretty much had a 4.0 her entire time there and was accepted into law school at U of A with flying colors!

Now, after three years of a rigorous study schedule and grueling all-nighters, Lana Lucille Flowers has graduated with her Juris Doctorate from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. She takes the bar exam in May and then will be ready to uphold and enforce the laws of this great land! She will also be handling any and all of my legal battles, so don't mess with me... I have a really smart lawyer!

Thank you AufderHeide Flying readers for allowing me this point of personal privilege (that's lawyer talk there) and if you're friends with Lana on Facebook be sure to tell her Congrats! Oh and Lan, please allow this adoring blog post to serve as your graduation present until I buy you an actual present approximately 3 months from now!

-The picture above is of Lan and her daddy, Big Mike on graduation day. He, Lan, & I share the same dream of growing old on a secluded cabin by the lake and writing country music. He and her mom Deb are very proud of her and also excited they will no longer be financially responsible for her well being!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! This was the greatest blog EVER! However, I must add 2 pertinent corrections.

    Numero uno...I was totally the bathtub addict in the dorms. For some crazy reason, Lana seems to find that showers are much better than baths. Weird!

    Numero dos..we all know that Lana is basically a genius BUT she was outwitted by Bennett Ritchie who served as our high school Valedictorian. Since Lan always outdoes basically everyone, I get a big kick in pointing out the 1% of the general population that outshines her! :) That's a true friend right there!

    ReplyDelete