Thursday, June 9, 2011

As The Prop Turns (Part 4)

Matthew & G.W. probably discussing the Pythagorean Theorem or perhaps Total World Domination

*Luscious Lips Lonnie - Tuesday Lonnie had a serious reaction to something, we don't know what, and his entire body swole up like a blimp.  He flew that morning but when he got out of the airplane his face was so swollen it was starting to affect his vision and he was having a little bit of trouble breathing.  Shannon immediately sent him to the doctor and he got some sort of shot to fight off the allergy and remove the swelling.  Well, most of the swelling...  I saw him later that afternoon and his lips still looked like he had a few too many lip injections.  They were full, pouty, and plump, sort of like a modern day Goldie Hawn!...   Lonnie would have made for a lovely movie star.  (All right Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close-up) Haha They've gone down now but they were sure gorgeous while they lasted.

*Only YOU Can Prevent Forrest Fires - Tuesday we had quite a scare when a farmer was burning off a wheat field by the airport and the wind suddenly changed...  The fiery flames switched their paths and suddenly headed straight for the Fuel Farm.  (Airport's public for-purchase fuel tank)  The hired hands quickly came around with tractors and water, and  after awhile put it all out.  Thankfully G.W. wasn't out here...  Im afraid if he was, he would've had a mild heart attack... That Fuel Farm is like his baby! ... Please let this be a reminder to not play with matches and/or pay attention to the wind when burning off a giant field!

*Beach Babes - Early next Thursday morning I'll be cutting out of Arkansas County and heading to the beach.  My best friend / college roommate Whitney, who now lives in Atlanta, and I are meeting in Perdido Key to have a little girls weekend reunion!  We haven't seen each other since February and we have both been working our little booties off these past few months so this is going to be a much needed vacay.  Our plans include sleeping, reading & laying out on the beach all day, throwing seashells at birds and small children and then heading back to the condo to drink wine and cook dinner...  Doesn't that sound like the perfect vacation?!?! I can't wait!!!

*Over the Hump - Yes, I know we have already passed Wednesday, but I'm not talking about over the hump in the week...  I'm talking about over the hump in fertilizer season!!!!!  I believe after we finished last Saturday evening we finally got over the "hump" or the largest/busiest part of the season.  Of course we will still have busy days and there is still a good bit a spraying and fertilizer to do, but the days of hundreds of thousands of pounds on the books are over!!!  Hallelujah!!  I think everyone around the 'port doesn't really know what to do with themselves; yet, we are taking a huge sigh of relief! 

*Grill Masters - Now that we are over the proverbial hump the guys have started firing up the grills...  Now all men love to grill, I guess it's a right of passage to their manhood, and that's ok with me because I love to eat!  Yesterday, Junior grilled some hamburgers & dogs during lunch and last night Cupcake cooked a fabulous meal of grilled pork chops, asparagus, boudin, & potatoes.  Today, Matthew's next up in line and will be cooking hamburgers and french fries.  Keep it comin' boys and if you're hungry stop on by!

*Working on our Fitness - While this is nothing new, I have gotten out of the routine in the past -extremely busy- month.  In Little Rock I had a running group, a running partner (love ya Jen), & a running course overlooking the river, but here I just have the dogs and the runway.  I was in a good routine at first, running at least 3 times a week, but then we became busier than a beehive and I was pretty much chained to my desk from 5:15-8:30.  (Speaking of chained to my desk, I think that's what Matthew might try if I get a new job!)  So now with the motivation that I'm going to be on the beach for 3 days in one week and just caring about my general health, I'm back in the saddle... err, my Asics, again!  If you happen to fly into the airport and see a tall blond running down the runway, please try to dodge me!...  Being bulldozed by an airplane would really throw a kink in my exercising plans!

*Ya Can't Keep the Bull Down - David Bullock was able to come home from the hospital Monday. Thanks to all your prayers David is much better.  He hasn't returned to the airport full-time yet but he has made a few appearances and I'm sure he is being as bossy and as charismatic ever...  I guess it's just like Shannon said, "You can't keep The Bull down"!

No comments:

Post a Comment