Wednesday, May 18, 2011

As the Prop Turns (Part 2)

Well This Stinks - Literally!!! This lovely pile of chicken poop is about a half mile northwest of the airport. Yesterday evening there was a north wind. Ugh. I'm not sure if there is anything much worse than being down wind from a big ol' pile of poop. Thankfully, the wind is out of the south today but, unfortunately, there is still a hint of the putrid aroma in the air..... I should probably just invest in a gas mask for this place!

Watch Out, Lady with a Baby on the Way! - Shawn's wife went to the baby doctor this morning and they decided she should stay and have the sweet baby girl! Shawn was working out on Boone's Strip (out by St. Charles) when he got the news so Junior immediately took Shawn's car so he could drive to Stuttgart and Junior could take over loader truck driving duties. This has put a slight glitch in our daily schedule but nothing we can't handle. Luckily, I've been fine-tuning my loader truck driving skills for this very day!

Baby it's Cold Outside - No shorts and t-shirt today... It's was a chilly 50 degrees when I got up this morning and we all arrived in jeans and sweatshirts! I've been battling with the boys to keep the heater on at least until noon, but so far I'm losing that battle. Cold natured vs. Hot natured & 3 Against 1... Oh well, like they say, "Cold Hands, Warm Heart".

Maid at the Municipal Airport - The well water coffee must have been extra strong this morning! While the boys were at the strip this morning I found the energy & enthusiasm to sweep my office and the pilots lounge. This chore produced a giant hairball, most likely bigger that Shawn's unborn baby, and some type of spider that I'm pretty sure is a close relative to a black widow. Yikes!

Sharing Means Caring - I asked my correspondent from across the way if he had any news from Bullock-ville he would like to share on this week's episode of "As the Prop Turn". Cupcake originally said that I should probably just talk about how sweet he is... Ha, yeah right... Actually though, we did hear a rumor that Lonnie was offering people fried deer steak yesterday and didn't offer us a single bite!!! Not cool, Lonnie. Not cool!

Peace and Quiet(er) Woodrow stayed in Little Rock with Gabe this week. While the airport is never really a quiet place to be, it is noticeable that there aren't any ear piercing howls or barks when the UPS or Chemical men show up. Also without the most-hyper dog in the world here, my clothes have stayed relatively clean, none of my ink pens have been chewed up, and G.W. hasn't been knocked down a single time!

I think that's all I have for this weeks "As the Prop Turns"... I'll be sure to post pictures of the little nugget as soon as possible and if you have any deer steak feel free to drop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment