Monday, May 9, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Due to a very large, black, four-legged mammal we have been without computer at the flying service since about 9am Saturday morning until just now! That, along with the fact that I was in Little Rock this morning for a job interview, has led to no Monday morning blog. I apologize... I'm sure you didn't get your Monday morning off on the right foot without it!

So Saturday morning all was going according to plan. Matthew's plane was fixed, we were knocking spray jobs off our list, prepping for an afternoon of fertilizer and I was piddling around the information super highway during breaks... Then just as I was about to write the most brilliant blog post ever, my mouse and my keyboard stopped working. No amount of slamming or shaking could get them to work and I decided I might want to check the motherboard... (I have no clue about computer terms, I'm just referring to the big box everything plugs in to.) Apparently, all Turbo's scratching and wallering underneath my desk had caused the wires to become detached from the plug-in, meaning no more mouse... And that the metal plug-in was stuck in the mother board. Wuh oh

G.W. and I talked it over and worked on our game plan... I got my headlamp from out of my purse (Yes, I usually carry a head lamp in my purse. I'm like a Boy Scout, always prepared) and crawled under my desk. (Yes, I probably looked ridiculous) I quickly learned that the plug-in wasn't going to be removed by my bare hands... I asked G.W. to go get me some pliers and he simply stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out two different sized pairs of pliers. (Talk about efficiency!) I then surgically removed the plug-in from the tiny computer hole and thankfully didn't electrocute myself!

Although I successfully executed my electronic surgery, I was left without a computer while the boys were heading to a strip for about a 4 hour job.... Did I mention this was a Saturday? I knew there wasn't any place in DeWitt to go grab a new keyboard and mouse, there's not exactly a Best Buy around the corner, so I just gave up my quest and decided to take a good old airport nap!

As I mentioned earlier, this morning I was in Little Rock. My mother was also out of town so we called Papa off the bench and asked him to fill in until after lunch. He wants nothing to do with a computer so luckily our lack of electronics didn't phase him one bit! I got back here around 1:30 and my mom saved the day about an hour ago by bringing a brand spanking new wireless mouse and keyboard. (Ooh fancy)

Hopefully, I'm back on track now and can find something interesting to write about... In the meantime, if your bored, watch this clip from Saturday Night Live. I watched it about three times while I was getting ready this morning and can't get the chorus out of my head! It's pretty hysterical! Enjoy & Happy Monday!!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/digital-short-jack-sparrow/1325766/

No comments:

Post a Comment