Friday, May 20, 2011

Business in the Front, Party in the Back



This afternoon, right before the crops received a liquid blessing from the heavens, the sweet mullet gods smiled down on me and gave me my own blessing... Paul...


We love all types of people here at AufderHeide Flying Flying Service. Short, tall; hairy; bald, red and yellow; black and white; they are precious in our sight. We welcome them all.... But my absolute very favorite is the elusive mullet!


You see, I fancy myself somewhat of a mullet connoisseur. I love them. Always have, Always will. There is your classic mullet, your camaro mullet, the she-mullet, permullet (chemically treated mullet), the parental negligence mullet (which is actually giving your smile child a mullet), the skullet, and many, many more. The French like to say, Mu'let' (pronounced mu-lay) and Kentuckians lay claim with the nickname "The Kentucky Waterfall".

A friend and I were actually having a conversation recently about mullets and I mentioned that I was highly disappointed that I hadn't been privy to a good mullet sighting in a while... Well, my luck certainly changed today when Paul walked in my door!

Paul was a truck driver from out of state that brought us a load a fuel today. He walked in and I immediately noticed his golden brown locks blowing in the breezeway of my office. This already peaked my interest... But, it wasn't until he came back to give me my ticket and he briefly took off his hat that I realized the full glory of this situation!!! Under that tall green John Deere hat stood inch long spiky hair. Talk about icing on the cake!!! Paul sported the perfect example of the "Classic Mullet". Short buzzed hair that gently cascaded into long, almost teased, locks.

This immediately turned my good day into a fabulous day!!! And, to top it all off he was a super nice guy. He loaded our fuel, then came in to deliver our ticket and ended up shooting the breeze and cutting up with G.W. and my Uncle Ralph. He even gave G.W. the run down of specific fuel prices and how they might be able to benefit the airport commission. He was very professional and yet a really fun guy... Like they say... "Business in the Front, Party in the Back"

No comments:

Post a Comment