Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful

Matthew looking snazzy and raring to go for the busy work day!

David "The Bull" Bullock sporting one of his favorite multi-functional shirts!


Matthew modeling the PFG, notice the the open slit for cool breezes


No, we're not talking Cover Girl (there is rarely any make-up around this place) I'm talking about a little piece of clothing I like to call the David Bullock shirt.
David "The Bull" Bullock has rocked the Columbia PFG (Performance Gear) shirt as long as I can remember. Those are the fly-fishing shirts with lots of pockets and a mesh slit in the back to let the breeze come through. I imagine The Bull probably has about 10-15 shirts like that; all in bright pastel colors. They are light, cool, and the perfect work shirt for sitting in an airplane 12 hours a day... When the wind from the prop hits the back of the shirt it can create a cool breeze as refreshing as a cold drink of water.


This year Matthew has seen the light and become a convert of the Columbia PFG. This morning, I walked in and he was wearing this bright beautiful pastel yellow-green shirt. I told him he looked like a beautiful ray of sunshine. He said he couldn't tell if he looked like he was about to go on a safari or fly an airplane! Ha


While this was already good fodder for a silly blog post, something amazing suddenly happened. Matthew looked out the office window across the tarmac and saw The Bull wearing the EXACT same shirt as his!! Well, Matthew's is short sleeves and The Bull's is long, but close enough! This was awesome and the airport jokes immediately ensued. Did they call each other this morning to plan their outfits?? Do that they have some sort of kindred spirit that helps them decide their wardrobe for the day?? Was this Twinkie Day at DeWitt Municipal Airport and everyone else just missed the memo??


While of course this is really just sheer coincidence, this was really too much fun. I immediately began taking pictures of Matthew and later walked over to Bullock's and asked David for a pic as well. He politely obliged and went on to tout all the benefits of such a multi-functional shirt!


Actually, I was already sold. Last week, on a quick run to Stuttgart, I purchased a white David Bullock shirt for myself. I even purchased a blue & while checked one for my mom for Mother's Day. (She loves it!)


While the airport isn't exactly the runways of Milan or New York, I wanted a new comfortable yet functional work shirt, and I've seen several people begin to sport the PFG lately. (The new chick on Swamp People has a pink one) I wore mine yesterday and absolutely loved it! The 3/4 length sleeve provided a little extra coverage for the early morning chill while the back slit provided me with a cool breeze in the warm afternoon... I think the David Bullock shirts are really going to catch on... Who knew "The Bull" was such a trendsetter?!?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment