Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Paging Hollywood



Meet the stars of the show... Don't they look ruggedly handsome/ adorable /intimidating!


I swear sometimes I feel like I'm living in my own reality tv show... What do you think makes a good reality tv show? I've brainstormed this morning and came up with a few key things that I believe go into the making of a good tv show: drama, comedic relief, high intensity moments, a mullet, adorable animals, fashion, relatable situations and unique, likable characters. (obviously from the images above you see we have those)

Often I think to myself, "did that just really happen" and then I look for the hidden camera somewhere. I'm just waiting for a guy with big hair and a cheesy smile to jump out and say, "Smile, You're on Candid Camera". Usually when I get back to Little Rock and tell Gabe all about my crazy week he just shakes his and tells me that I really need to turn this operation into a reality tv show project. I don't think so, but I do believe it would be highly possible...

In 2009, The New York Times did an article on reality tv shows that said, "Long workdays and communication blackouts are largely the rule for reality shows, a highly lucrative genre that has evolved arguable into Hollywood's sweatshops." It also said, "The bread and butter of reality television is to get people into a state where they are tired, stressed, and emotionally vulnerable.".... Long workdays? Tired? Communication Problems? Stress? Ding, Ding, Ding, we've got all of this!

Sometimes our brother/sister duo can get into a spirited debate about which plan of action is more efficient than the other. (usually I'm right) Sometimes loader trucks don't start (and I'm the only one around to help pull start them, like yesterday), or we run late, or 5 different airplanes are flying off the same strip, or someone misplaces a 9/16 inch wrench, or we change the airplane over for a spray job right as the wind picks up and someone calls in a new fertilizer job... All these things can created high intensity dramatic moments and heated (but loving) exchanges can occur.

Other times, down right hilarious things happen. Mullet man would be a great example of this, as are many other previous blog post. Yesterday Cupcake told me that his daddy was a crop duster, his momma's daddy was a crop duster, and his uncle was a pilot. This also prompted him to say, "I don't have red and white blood cells, I have little red & white airplanes flying around in my blood". Hahaha WHAT????

We have lots of adorable animals to oooh and ahhh over. With Turbo, Woodrow, Kramer, Canine, bunnies, mice, cats (that eat the mice), and lots of other varmits around here, I think I could substitute as the star of "My Life is a Zoo!".

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only interpreter in the United Nations and I'm supposed to figure out exactly what everyone is trying to say. There are many people speaking hundreds of different languages yet I'm always supposed to know what they are talking about... Although my little sister, Alexis, doesn't work here she sometimes runs errands for us and I guess we count her as an "accessory" to the flying service. Just a bit ago she called me and had the following conversation: (Note-Alexis has the book-smart-brains of the family, common sense... not so sure)

Alexis: "Hey there is an Ag here at the house." Me: "Excuse me, an Ag?" Alexis: "Yes, you have an Ag here, the UPS man dropped it off" Me: "Alexis I have no idea what you are talking about, there is no such thing as an Ag" Alexis: "Well, it's something like that maybe it's called an Ag Bender" Me: "What in the world are you talking about? Is this from a company called Ag Bender or is there an actual Ag Bender at the house, if so what is an AG Bender" Alexis: Ugh, I don't know, I'm just going to ask mom.

Turns out this was actually an airplane part from a company from Abide Aero... How she got "ag" or "ag bender" out of that and expected me to interpret, I'll never know.

Also, this morning, I was on Matthew's wing explaining what fields were supposed to be next. The farmer uses letters and number to describe his farm and I was showing Matthew where everything was on the map. (example, 46acres on the Botts Farm would be identified as B14) After I explained to Matthew that he needed to put 100lbs of urea on B4 & B14, he looked me dead in the eye with a straight face and said, "That's her favorite song". WHAT?? My mind starts racing about what in the world he could be talking about then he smiles and it hits me... John Anderson's Don't Ask Her on a Straight Tequila Night song has the lyrics "K-13 is her favorite song, if you play it you might get a chance". K-13, B-14 close, but no cigar... See these crazy people I'm dealing with! Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head... "She'll start thinkin' about him, then she's ready to fight...."

As we have already discussed with the David Bullock/PFG shirts, we are also very fashion conscientious around here. Yesterday evening Lonnie called the flying service after he left to let me know that he was going to try to find a respectable hole-less shirt to work today... You see Lonnie likes the relaxed, slightly distressed tees (one being an old DeWitt band shirt) and earlier in the day the guys were laughing about it. He showed up today with a very clean O'reilly racing pocket tee. I'm a big fan of the pocket tees! You look very nice Lonnie! I'm glad my presence at the DeWitt Municipal Airport is having a positive influence on some one's life.

Now while all the money, fame and fortune would be great, I think we'll have to pass on Hollywood. What fun would a new, clean, white loader truck be? The Hybrid has such character and Pizazz! I don't want Matthew getting "pretty boy" syndrome and showing up to work 30 minutes late just because he had to gel his hair. I would also imagine that Shawn would buy the entire Sean Jean clothing collection and complain when he got dirty. Alex would buy the biggest speaker system known to man, which in turn would cause me to go completely deaf. (I'm already halfway there) G.W. would begin construction on his own personal space shuttle. Cupcake would probably build a house in the shape of an airplane and and I can just picture Lonnie in a long fur coat, sunglasses, and a pimp cane! Hahahaha. Male Divas!

While I'm sure we would be a hit, I think we'll just stay with our humble little belongings... Thanks, but no thanks, Hollywood... Thanks, but no thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment