Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Injured List



Woodrow has now been demoted to the sidelines of the airport staff. Actually, he's just having the spend the night at Dr. Carnahan's office in Stuttgart.


About 9:30 last night (Yes, Jeni Bradberry, this granny did stay up past 9) I heard Turbo continuously barking for like 10 minutes straight. Now Woodrow was out side as well and for him to be the quiet one... well, that's just not normal. I went to the door to see what was going on and Woodrow came running up to me covered in blood. ( I kinda freaked for a second)


I brought him inside and upon further inspection the bottom of his left paw had been sliced open and he had wiped his paw on his face and his entire front right leg. Definitely not as bad as I thought it was but not great either. Mom and I wrapped it up tightly and gave him a baby aspirin to ease the pain.


This morning I took both Woodrow and Kramer (who had to get his monthly shots for his mosquito allergy) to Dr. Carnahan in Stuttgart. I probably should have taken Turbo too because some bite on his head but three would have been an absolute circus. Dr. Carnahan was wonderful as always. He said it was a pretty deep cut and he would probably have to put him under to sew in the stitches but I can pick him up first thing in the morning, good as new.


The airport has been MUCH quieter today and I'm sure Matthew's glad Woodrow wasn't here to eat the BBQ sandwich that Billy Paul left him on the table. (He's been known to eat contained food right off the table: cupcakes, chicken strips, etc...) Good news is he will be back tomorrow. Bad news is I have to figure out a way to keep him cool, calm and off his feet... That will probably be the equivalent of keeping a bull in the china cabinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment