Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh Me Oh My Oh, It's Cinco de Mayo!



Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!! Now I don't believe I have a drop of Hispanic blood in my body; I'm about as white girl as they come... BUT I am a huge proponent of boosting personnel moral and celebrating special days along with my fellow Americans! (or Hispanic Americans, I'm not exactly sure about the politically correct term.)


It also helps that this holiday is supposed be celebrated with margaritas, salsa, fajitas, and Coronas!


Now if I was in Little Rock I would probably meet a group of girlfriends at 5 on some Mexican restaurant patio and partake in a few Texas Margaritas. Or my sweet boyfriend would cook me a steak or homemade fajitas, while we sipped Dos Equis, with a fresh cut lime, on my patio... Alas, I've been at the airport since 6:15 this morning (Sorry, brother for being a tad late) and will probably be here well into the late afternoon.


However, this is no reason for me to be a debbie downer! I walked in the door wishing everyone a happy Cinco de Mayo, I wore a festive colored purple shirt today, and I created the beautiful refrigerator sign to boost every ones spirits and get them in the celebratory mood! The sign (which I made in about 30 seconds) was created with pink sharpie & yellow highlighter and is held to the fridge by our Farmers & Merchants and Loretta Lynn magnets. (The Loretta Lynn magnet was procured when my best friend Lan and I took a road trip to Nashville to see Garth for my 26th birthday. Isn't it awesome?!)


I'm also trying to organize a little after-flying Airport Happy Hour / Cinco de Mayo celebration. I figure I may go get some chips, salsa, guacamole, a few Coronas, and maybe even sweet talk my wonderful brother into cooking a little something on the grill! Obviously this all depends on how our day goes and it may just end up with Me and Matthew having a beer at dusk before we go home... BUT at least we have not lost our celebratory spirit!


Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone, hope you have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Man that post brightened my day! Remembering the adventure to Loretta's casa... and thinking about Margs ona patio in LR....then thinking about YOUR patio in LR.... then beer at the airport..... any of the above would make for a GREAT Cinco de Mayo!!

    ReplyDelete