Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Snack King

Ewwww

Snack Man

Meet the Snack King of the airport, Alex "Junior" (my dad dubbed him that nickname a few years back when he started dating Alexis and it just kinda stuck) Hanson.

When Junior returned to work at AufderHeide Flying Service not only did we gain a strapping young lad full of energy and enthusiasm... We also gained a refrigerator full of snacks!!!!

Before Alex came along the only food at the airport was my organic cereal, old Halloween candy, and frozen corn on the cob from last year. (sounds delectable, huh?) The fridge pretty much only contained organic skim milk, water, a few Gatorade's, & various condiments.... The following is a list of food and/or drink that has turned up after Alex's return. (1 week & a day ago): Lunchables (both sandwich & pizza), Pizza Rolls, Hot Pockets, Red Barron Pizza Slices, BBQ Pringles, Capri Suns, crackers, Rice Krispie Treats, Granny Smith Apples, Mt. Dews, Fruit by the Foots (didn't know these even still existed), brownies, fruit punch singles for water bottles, sandwich meats, cheese, & bread... Now I don't necessarily really like all these things but their existence at the airport doesn't really bother me.... UNTIL Junior breaks out the worst snack of all times... BEENEE WEENEES!!!

My goodness, I shudder at the thought of them. Who in their right mind thought that it would be nifty to mix some juicy beans and canned meats together?!?! Was Mr. "Van Camp" a hobo, perhaps? I mean I'm sure its chocked full of protein... but really? Beans, Weenies, and Gooey-ness, WHY?

I'll admit I'm an incredibly picky eater, but I also believe that in this golden age of food and technology, no one should have to stoop so low as to eat cold canned mystery meats. I actually googled the ingredients and found that the original can of Beanee Weenee's contained "mechanically separated chicken & beef" ewww... Now, I'm a sucker for a Conoco Pizza Stick and probably really don't want to know what's in them... but at least they aren't soaking in a room temperature mix of tomato puree, high fructose corn syrup, water, & beans.

Poor Alex, he actually really likes them, but I requested he not eat them in my presence and thankfully he has at least always stayed in the other room when eating this curious "snack", so far. Unfortunately, every time I see an empty can laying in the trash can I have a quick gag reflex.

But, like most things, I think I'm just going to have to take the bad with the good. I mean I do work around 3 stinky boys, smelly chemicals, and potent fuels... What's one more repugnant smell??? Plus, at least I get brownies & green apples out of the whole ordeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment