Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate

Due to several different factors I unfortunately can't promise tip top blogging this week. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. I'll give you a moment to let this sink in and for you to compose yourself.... (pause) Better? OK, good, thanks for being such a trooper.


My wonderful brother let me off late last Friday night after a wild and woolly week. I got to my weekend vacation/real home at about 9pm with a pizza from Damgoode Pies and a Black Box of wine... Ahh heaven! (Fyi, Black box wine is much classier that other boxes of wine because it doesn't go in the refrigerator and it just looks much more sophisticated than a Franzia box. At least that's what I tell myself but I think I really just like the efficiency of the box) Anyways, you don't really care about that...


Saturday started out on the same great foot. It rained in DeWitt so I didn't feel guilty about not being at the flying service. I got to sleep in til 7ish! And, I was planning a long morning soak in my "new" hot tub. (My parents received this hot tub as a gift from Papa several years ago and for one of my birthday presents this past year Gabe was going to move it to Little Rock and set it up on my back patio... Through no fault of his own, 6 months later, it finally started working last week.)

Gabe was going to take the dogs on a long walk and I was going to have a little "me time". It. Was. Fabulous! I relaxed and caught up on morning events with my blackberry. (Yes, I had my phone by water, but I am always incredibly responsible with my phone) After the walk Gabe hopped in and we began to discuss our plans for the day. It was a little too warm for him so he quickly got up, grabbed for the towel and flung my phone in the water (phone was wrapped in towel)... I swear it was one of those slow motion "noooooooooo" moments as I saw it take a dive into the water. Crap.

Needless to say, my phone is currently not working. And because AT&T is ridiculous, I have to wait a month to get new one. I'm having to use an old trusty curve from 2007 in the meantime. This phone was a hand-me-down from Jeni and while it works, it has a weird tendency of calling Lana Flowers randomly at least 3 times a day and taking pictures from inside my purse. (Matthew used this phone for a short period of time and he even called her several times a day) With no phone email access, shoddy picture taking, and an inability to get to blogspot, my future posts will most likely not have as many entertaining pictures. (all my previous pics were upload via phone because my computer from 2001 won't allow this fuction to be performed)

Another reason for lack of communication?? Bossypants. No, I'm not talking about brother bear... I'm talking about Tina Fey's new book. I picked it up this weekend and I can't put it down. It's cracking me up. As you have probably noticed I have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor, so this book is right up my alley. Shawn and Matthew keep giving me weird looks because I start dying out laughing for no apparent reason. It has great quotes like, "Don't worry about gaining weight. Being chubby for a while (provided you don't give yourself diabetes) is a natural phase of life and nothing to be ashamed of. Like puberty or slowly turning into a Republican." Hahahaha

Other than that, it's pretty much business as usual here at the ol' port. Mr. Wind has, yet again, put a kink in our plans by refusing to get out of the east and by blowing 15mph this morning. Yesterday, I left LR at 4:00am to get to work at 5:30... Pretty sure I should get employee of the week for that one. Oh and Matthew has been wearing his baby blue PFG/David Bullock shirt that matches with his eyes perfectly today. All morning long I have been serenading him with George Strait's "Baby Blue". (was the color of his eyes, baby blue, like the Colorado skies) He loves me.

Anyways, due to my lack of a high-tech communication device and my preoccupation with nonsensical reading, weekly blogging may be light. However, I'm sure something hilarious will happen soon and I promise to share as soon as possible. Until then, as Neil Young said, Keep on Rockin' in the Free World!

No comments:

Post a Comment